New Charlottesville Promise Scholars are notified of their first-year award via email and US mail during the first week of May.
New Charlottesville Promise Scholars are expected to attend the CSP annual dinner later in the month of May. At the dinner, each new scholar meets his/her navigator, a person who serves as the student’s mentor/liaison throughout the time the student receives a CSP scholarship. The student’s family members are invited and encouraged to attend this dinner, where CSP Board members, donors, and the media will join in the celebration. Each student has an opportunity to speak briefly to those in attendance about his/her college plans and journey to date.
Procedure for Scholarship Payment
Scholarship awards are mailed directly to the school a new scholar chooses to attend for deposit into the student’s school account. Please note that a letter will be sent to the school informing them of the student’s award and instructing that the funds are to be applied to the scholar’s tuition, fees, and other school expenses.
Before CSP sends a scholarship check to the school, a new CSP scholar MUST do the following:
- Sign and return the Memorandum of Agreement and Acceptance of Scholarship form that includes information about what the Scholarship Program expects from you and what you can expect from the Scholarship Program. There is also space on this form for your parent(s)/guardian(s) to sign.
- Complete this Google Form CSP Scholar Contact Information to provide us with your contact information. You can return to this form anytime to provide us with an update.
- Provide a copy of your official college Letter of Acceptance.
- Provide your college Student Identification number when it has been assigned to you.
- Have your college registrar sign and return to CSP your Verification of Enrollment/Pre-Registration form. Each college has different rules about when it considers students enrolled or pre-registered. Talk to the registrar to find out your school’s procedure.
Scholars are eligible for an annual renewal of this award throughout their four-year college career. Please see RENEWALS for complete instructions and requirements. Renewals are due by March 1 each year and consist of a financial statement, personal statement, and complete transcript. Students must maintain a 2.0 GPA to renew their scholarships. CSP may publish all or part of a scholar’s personal statement on our website and/or in our semi-annual newsletter.
WE ENCOURAGE ALL OUR STUDENTS TO SUBMIT REQUIRED MATERIALS AND STAY IN TOUCH WITH US ELECTRONICALLY RATHER THAN THROUGH THE POST OFFICE. IT’S SAFER AND FASTER. IF YOU MUST SEND HARD COPIES OF REQUIRED MATERIALS TO US, PLEASE EMAIL US ASAP TO LET US KNOW THEY’RE ON THE WAY!